The repatriation exercise of 350 Ugandans and legal residents that have been stranded in Rwanda, has been cleared by both Governments of the Republic of Uganda and Rwanda.
The entire exercise will be managed in three phases of 100 people departing in a duration of three (3) days by road.
The first group is expected to depart from Kigali on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 9:00AM. Below is a proposed schedule of the expected departures;
- Saturday, September 19, 2020
- Wednesday, September 23, 2020
- Sunday, September 27, 2020
All subsequent departures aboard Volcano buses will be flagged off from the official premises of the Uganda High Commission in Kacyiru and will be escorted to Gatuna / Katuna border by the High Commission officials.
All the repatriated persons will be handed over to Officials of Ministry of Health and immediately be transferred to quarantine facilities designated for this purpose in accordance with the Standing Operating Procedures (SOP’s) stipulated by the Ministry of Health.
The High Commission wishes to thank all Ugandans for the patience they have exhibited during this period and remains committed to ensuring that all Ugandan nationals in distress are repatriated home safely.
Latest posts by Trevor Lutalo (see all)
- Actor Arnold Schwarzenegger on his way to recover from a heart surgery - October 24, 2020
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs:Uganda-Nigeria Bilateral Relations instrumental for Development - October 21, 2020
- Kanyumunyu trial resumes today, Verdict expected - October 20, 2020