By Harriet Asingura
Award winning artist Eddy Kenzo and events manager Moses Lubuulwa alias Luba eventes are bound to lose UGX 500m if Government Postpones his 2020 Eddy Kenzo Festival. Kenzo had earlier booked the Airstrip for the festival, prepared and booked equipment used in music shows including a stage, public address system, stage lights among others.
The show slated for March 28th may not happen considering the declarations made at State House Entebbe by President Yoweri Museveni.
Museveni due to the increasing spread of the COVID 19 epidemic worldwide indicated that music shows, bars, concerts, drink ups and parties have been banned for the next 32 days. The epidemic has
already been declared in countries across the globe including China, USA, and all East African countries except Uganda.
The frustrated Eddy Kenzo, after the Presidential Declaration decried having invested more than UGX 500 million to put up the show which now remains a mystery until the Corona Virus is declared contained across the globe.
“I put everything in God’s hands,” kenzo says. He added “God doesn’t make mistakes. He knows better and he has the authority, I believe every thing will be fine, so let’s follow and respect the laws of the
government, protect ourselves and God is with us. Pray for me and I pray for you too. Am not sad because I know God never make mistake isha Allah. For now stay blessed my people big thanks to team Eddy
Kenzo I’m forever grateful.” Kenzo reportedly said.
The suspension of concerts including Kenzo’s by President Museveni has left some of Kenzo’s funs unhappy since many have been ready to join him during the festival.
However, some fans thanked government for that decision saying it would save many Ugandans from contracting the corona virus. More than 5000 people across the world have died due to the epidemic.
Latest posts by Entebbe Post (see all)
- Stanbic returns illegally mortgaged property - October 30, 2020
- Police Issues guidelines to be followed during nomination of Presidential candidates - October 30, 2020
- Balam takes over Land Cruiser Museveni donated to Ronald Mayinja - October 30, 2020