Kalangala’s Brovad Sands Lodge catches fire

The pillar and most memorable building at one of Kalangala’s best hotels, Brovad Sands Lodge has been brought down by fire.

The building was the first to be constructed at the magnificent eco tourism facility in Kalangala town council.

The fire according to the first responders Ibrahim Ssenyonga and Samuel Kwesiga started at about 10:20 pm through the grass thatched roof top. It is said to have been caused by electricity sparks.

“I reached there with Police and another responder Samuel Kwesiga. Fire started from the ceiling between the restaurant and the bar. The lady acting as an accountant had to make a distress call. She was also inside.” Ssenyonga says.

Well as Police led by the community Liaison officer reached on time, both police and Brovad had no fire fighting equipment.

How the building looked like

According to the first responders, it needed either to break the building or use sand or water to put out the fire. However, there was no equipment such as water trucks to immediately put it out.

Well as no person was hurt, the restaurant and bar was all put down. However, the no cottage was burnt down.

We tried to reach out to the hotel Management for a comment but could not immediately get it.

Property worth millions of shillings was destroyed.

entebbepost@gmail.com

One thought on “Kalangala’s Brovad Sands Lodge catches fire

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *