As concerned member of NSSF, I wish this investigation to widen to include the activities of the chairperson of the board of directors Mr. Peter kimbowa for the following reasons :-
1. Mr kimbowa is a funding executive chairman, Tondeka metro company,
2. In that capacity as funding executive chairman, Mr Kimbowa had been promising Uganda to put 900 buses on the streets of kampala and the great kampala metropolitan area for last 10 years, (refer to one publication attached)
3. In september 2021 Mr Kimbowa was appointed chairman of the board of directors at NSSF.
4. In mid 202, Tondeka Company finally put over 10 buses on the streets of kampala.
What a coincidence that no sooner had Mr kimbowa been appointed chairman board of directors at NSSF than Tondeka was able to put buses on kampala streets, something that had evaded them for a long time.
Could Mr. Kimbowa have used workers money for his personal business? And no sooner had the Tondeka buses appeared on our streets than allegations of corruption and abuse of office were raised at NSSF. I pray that your good office investigate Peter Kimbowa, the chairman NSSF for possible corruption activities at NSSF.
What you need to know:
In an exclusive telephone interview with Monitor last week, the NSSF board chairperson, Dr Peter Kimbowa, confirmed that they have already recommended to the government’s relevant investigative bodies, the IGG’s office inclusive, to commence investigations.
The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) Board has recommended that the Inspectorate of Government office takes over investigations into alleged abuse of office, corruption and mismanagement of NSSF funds by outgoing executive director Richard Byarugaba.
The NSSF board chairperson, Dr Peter Kimbowa, confirmed that they have already recommended to the government’s relevant investigative bodies, the IGG’s office inclusive, to commence investigations.
“We have already recommended to the relevant established government investigative organs to carry out investigations and they will report back to us…. IGG is investigator number one,” he said.
- Tayebwa to build UGX1.2bn Church in Mitooma - January 29, 2023
- Among roots for financial literacy among savings groups - January 29, 2023
- Exam Grades don’t define abilities and attitudes - January 29, 2023