Uganda’s Electoral Commission has today picked 14th Jan 2021
as the polling day for Directly elected Members of Parliament and District
The Commission says it will announce the date for Presidential Elections after nomination of 2021 Presidential candidates set for 2nd and 3rd November 2020 from 9am – 5pm at Kyambogo University Sports Grounds.
Below is the full Campaign
Period of Members of Parliament and Local leaders.
1. Parliamentary Elections: 9th Nov 2020 – 12th Jan 2021
(Directly elected MPs and District woman MPs)
2. City/ District Local Govt Councils: 9th Nov 2020 -18th Jan 2021
(Lord Mayors, Mayors, Chairperson & Councilors)
3. Municipality/City Division Chairpersons and Councilors: 9th Nov 2020 – 23rd Jan 2021
4. Sub County/Town/Municipal Division Chairpersons and Councilors: 9th Nov 2020 – 01st Feb 2021.
Mr. Byabakama, the EC Chairperson encouraged people from using hate speech and disobedience of Covid-19 Standard Operating Procedures during campaigns.
Byabakama also revealed that Candidates are allowed to hold rallies of not more than 70 people at one time.
There has been pressure mounted on the Electoral Commission especially by aspiring members of parliament to let them know on what dates they will be voted. The announcement of the dates has brought in relief to the aspiring candidates who will now concentrate on convincing the electorates to vote them.
- Entebbe Lady Swans showcase new kit ahead of season opener - April 17, 2021
- Capt. Francis Babu blasts NRM CEC over Kadaga- Oulanyah battle - March 25, 2021
- Katabi Town Council seeks social economic cooperation with Tooro - March 15, 2021