By With the 2020 Airtel Masaza football tournament kick-off coming up in June this year, the different Masaza teams have started planning for their respective teams.
Bulemeezi Ssaza is one of those teams that have kick-started the back-room planning.
Moments after renewing the employment contract of their head coach Simon Peter Mugerwa, Bulemeezi has lured two star players from their 2019 winning team.
Left footed Striker Ezra Kizito Kaye and midfielder Masuudi Kafumbe have already agreed terms with the Bulemeezi Ssaza management.
“Yes. We have already already with Masuudi (Kafumbe) and Kaye (Ezra Kizito). They are important players whom we think will contribute to the team’s success as we seek the title defence” Mugerwa disclosed to Entebbe Post.
Bulemeezi has also maintained a couple of players from their 2019 winning squad to include the goalkeeping duo of Amir Nalugoda and Aristoe Mulindwa.
Others are; Rogers Ssebyondwa, Henry Musisi, Simon Kato Ssemayange, Tonny Kyagaba, Godfrey Arijole, Joseph Marvin Youngman, Dirisa Masembe, Simon Katumba, John Ben Nakibingi, Daniel Erimu and Gabriel Elagu.
On board, are new players as Bernardo Kateregga, Akram Shafiq Muzanyi, Richard Basangwa and Gabriel Matata among others.
These will replace the departing crop of players like Ronald Ssekiganda, Hamza Mulambuzi and Emmanuel Loki.
Ssekiganda has since left for greener pastures to Buddu, Mulambuzi joined Proline and Loki played for the South Sudan U-20 team and is therefore ineligible to play in this championship.
Airtel Uganda bankroll this championship whose kick-off is tentatively ear-marked for June 2020 (owning to stable health conditions in the country).
The maintained players:
- Goalkeepers: Amir Nalugoda, Aristoe Mulindwa
- Right backs: Rogers Ssebyondwa, Henry Musisi
- Left backs: Simon Kato Ssemayange, Tonny Kyagaba
- Center backs: Godfrey Arijole, Joseph Marvin Youngman
- Midfielders: Dirisa Masembe, Simon Katumba, Masuudi Kafumbe, John Ben Nakibingi
- Forwards: Ezra Kaye Kizito, Daniel Erimu, Gabriel Elagu
- Bernard Kateregga, Akram Shafiq Muzanyi, Richard Basangwa, Gabriel Matata
Masaza Cup Past Winners:
- 2019 – Bulemeezi
- 2018 – Singo
- 2017 – Gomba
- 2016 – Buddu
- 2015 – Singo
- 2014 – Gomba
- 2013 – Mawokota
- 2012 – Bulemeezi
- 2011 – Buluri
- 2010 – Not Held
- 2009 – Gomba
- 2008 – Kyadondo
- 2007 – Mawokota
- 2006 – Kooki
- 2005 – Mawokota
- 2004 – Gomba
Latest posts by Entebbe Post (see all)
- Mukula fails to convince Entebbe NRM leaning independent candidates out of Mayoral, MP races - October 31, 2020
- Kadaga pleads with media to shape Uganda’s political landscape - October 31, 2020
- NUP insults overwhelm Ronald Mayinja, crosses to NRM - October 31, 2020