The FINA Swimming World 2021 calendar is officially out.
This will be composed of six legs from September to October 2021 across Asia, the Middle-East and Europe.
The first Cluster of the 2021 season will be contested in Singapore (SGP) and Jinan (CHN) in September with final dates to be confirmed soon.
The circuit will then move to the second Cluster as Berlin (GER) and Budapest (HUN) step in to stage the event from October 1-3 and October 7-9 respectively.
The third and final Cluster will be staged in Doha (QAT) from October 21-23 and finally in Kazan (RUS) from October 28-30.
All the stops of the 2021 World Cup will be competed in 25m-pool and are qualifying events for the postponed FINA World Swimming Championships 25m to be held in Abu Dhabi (UAE) from December 13-18, 2021).
The successful annual circuit of the FINA Swimming World Cup distributes around US$ 2.5 million in prize money.
2021 FINA Swimming World Cup calendar:
1. Singapore (SGP) – September tbc *
2. Jinan (CHN) – September tbc*
3. Berlin (GER) – October 1-3
4. Budapest (HUN) – October 7-9
5. Doha (QAT) – October 21-23
6. Kazan (RUS) –October 28-30
*The World Cup could kick-off in either of these Asian cities, dates will be confirmed at a later stage
Despite the 2020 host cities of the Swimming World Cup continuously showing their interest to stage the competition this year, the recommendation of the FINA Task Force appointed to review the situation is to postpone it to next year in order to ensure the safety of the athletes and all stakeholders involved.
Latest posts by Entebbe Post (see all)
- Kitara Football Club ready to compete in StarTimes Uganda Premier League - October 23, 2020
- Maana Rescue Home receives Aid worth Ushs. 7M from Roke Telkom - October 23, 2020
- Uganda to host regional statistics bureau says UBOS - October 23, 2020